And just like that, it’s time to start Holiday Baking again. This year, I’ve made fewer cookies, and included some other confections in my repertoire. King Arthur Baking share a couple of recipes over the last week that I am working on for family and friend homemade gifts. The contrast of cranberries, roasted pecans, and sweet chocolate, easy and quick way it comes together and a decent yield (2 dozen pieces) makes it a keeper! Visit the KAB recipe post for the nutritional information – and why spoil such a good treat, but there you have it.
Cranberry Nut Chocolate Bark from King Arthur Baking
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup toasted, diced pecans
- 2 2/3 cup chopped semi-sweet or bitter sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 2/3 cup chopped white chocolate, melted.
- Toss the cranberries and pecans together. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spread it into and 8″ x 12″ oval on parchment paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set, but not harden completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and mix it with about 3/4 cup of the cranberries and pecans.
- Spread the cranberry/nut/white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the rest of the nuts and fruit on top, pressing them in gently.
- Allow the candy to cool until hardened, then break it into chunks.