I’ve discovered Skinny Taste as a great resource for when I don’t want to bother with trying to adjust higher calorie recipes for something to eat. This quiche – crustless no less – came together beautifully and at 174 calories per serving, it’s a winner for breakfast, lunch, or a late dinner.
- Cooking Spray (I used coconut oil)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Steam the chopped broccoli florets in the microwave with 1 TBSP water until tender crip and green but not mushy – about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Make the custad mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.
Nutrition information found on the recipe website.