Sonja and Alex Overhiser are the couple behind the award winning website (and books! don’t forget books!) A Couple Cooks. I’ve often found their creations to be not only delicious, but healthy. And the website’s photos are stunning!
When our daughter-in-law, Beth – who most decidedly does have a green thumb – shared a zucchini with us, I knew I would be able to find a great Zucchini Bread recipe on the Couple Cooks website. Sure enough there’s a great one, and bonus points for incorporating Greek Yogurt!
Easy Zucchini Bread
From A Couple Cooks website
- ¼ cup neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower, vegetable) (I used coconut oil – which is tasty and works as long as the other ingredients are so cold as to make the oil solid)
- ½ cup turbinado sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine into a sticky dough. Gently stir in zucchini (it’s not necessary to squeeze out liquid). Be careful not to overmix: just stir until the dough comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing. Store at room temperature covered with a towel for 2 to 3 days, in the refrigerator for about 1 week, or frozen for at least 3 months.
For Noomers (based on 14 slices): Calories 129, Fat 54g, Carbs 17.2g, Sugar 7.8g, Fat 3.7g, Protein 3.5g