Because we’ve received a really (really, really) large amount of zucchini, I’ve developed a new appreciation for gardeners and the creative recipes so many people share to help use up zucchini crops. We’ve had some delicious muffins (thanks Joanne Chang-Meyers) and today, we baked this delicious and moist Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe from the website Nora Cooks.
- 1/4 cup canola oil (also suggested were coconut oil, vegan butter or applesauce for those wanting to bake oil-free version)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups white or whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 9×5 loaf pan with parchment or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, add the oil, almond milk, ground flaxseeds, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
- Lightly blow the grated zucchini with paper towels and add to the bowl. Stir the zucchini into the wet ingredients.
- Now add the flour to the wet ingredients. Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon on top of the flour. Stir gently until just combined, being carful not to over-mix or the loaf will be too dense.
- Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips if using. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf to cool on a rack. Slice and enjoy.
Can also be made into muffins (12). Oil a muffin pan, spoon batter nearly to the top of each muffin cup and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
One Comment Add yours
Ah, the zucchini recipes! Bring them on!