This recipe comes to us courtesy of Meatless Monday. Since everyone seems to have a lot of zucchini these days, this seemed like a delicious way to make use of them. Serves 4 – and it was just a delicious warmed up the next day for lunch.
Zucchini & Feta Cheese Bake
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 7 oz. feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Greek yogurt, non fat)
- 2 eggs
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
- Sweat the garlic, zucchini and celery in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and parsley and seas with salt*. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Grease a casserole dish and transfer the zucchini mixture in. Mix in the feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove. Add the yogurt and eggs (mix these in advance).
- Bake another 10 minutes of so (I found this step needed at least 20 minutes to firm up the eggs).
- *=I don’t add salt.
One Comment Add yours
You should add salt 🙂