Yes indeed, it has been a l-o-n-g time in between postings. I am finally able to move on from a high-stress, time-consuming career in education and (re)branching out to other interests. So, expect more posts about food and – as I’ll be on a “fixed” income – the economics of eating at home.
This recipe is adapted from of the BBC’s Good Food website (which also explains the use of metric measurments).
Butter bean and tomato salad
- 420 g canned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small green zucchini (about 300 g/10 oz in total), chopped into small dice
- 1 small red onion, chopped (I used a vidalia)
- 15-20 g packed fresh coriander
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
1. Tip the ingredients into a bowl with some salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and leave at room temperature until ready to serve. The salad can be made the day before and chilled.
2. On the day, bring the salad to room temperature and give it a good stir before serving.